Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Altered Dies #17

Hi and welcome to my blog! I have another altered die card to show you today. I made flowers from the Spellbinders Shuttered Window die! As you can see I chose bright summery colors. Summer lingers a long time here in South Carolina! I love birds and birds go with flowers, so I just had to add this little cutie to the card. I hope you enjoy seeing how the flowers were made.




I started with this die. You see that the top of the window looks like half of a flower.




I cut out 2 windows and cut off both the tops.






When the 2 tops are put together they make a flower! As you see on my card, I added patterned paper behind the flowers for them to stand out more.





I made three to go on my card. The Dina Wakely bird was stamped on patterned paper and fussy cut. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful and blessed day.


Challenges entered:


Die Cuttin' Divas:  Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
Scrapy Land:  Use An Image
Word Art Wednesday:  Anything Goes #246-247

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How fun! And I still love the bright colors, I am not quite ready for fall. I was wondering how you were going to use a window die to make those flowers, very clever!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Genius once again! Such a fun and bright and cheery card. Sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

Donna Ellis said...

Your flowers came out great, April! Fantastic colors, and the paper piecing bird is adorable! Great card and tip!

Esther said...

What a cute and colorful card!
Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Conniecrafter said...

another creative idea, looks great with your bird

Blog Archive