Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Altered Die #15

Hi Everyone! I am back again with another altered die card. August is a good month for eating ice cream. I love ice cream and can eat it all year round! On this card I made an ice cream cone by altering two dies. I am always in need of birthday cards so I made this one for a birthday.




I started off using the Memory Box Flowering Tree die shown here.




I turned it upside down to make a cone and layered it on a white triangle. Next I used the Stitched Circle die from Gina Marie for the ice cream. I used my scallop scissors to cut off part of the circle.




The ice cream was popped up and I added some enamel dots for "sprinkles."




I stamped, colored and fussy cut this cute penguin from Stampalicious and also popped him up on the card. 




I hope this inspires you to do some die altering of your own. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Challenges entered:

Double D Designs:  Polka Dots
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Celebrate



8 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW What a clever idea and it looks delicious!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Polka Dots’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fin card. You are so clever to use the die like you did. Love the dotted ice cream. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations.
Kathy
DD DT

Kathy Krug said...

Such a fin card. You are so clever to use the die like you did. Love the dotted ice cream. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of your creations.
Kathy
DD DT

Diane said...

What a fun and creative card...very clever idea with the die..love it! Thank you fro joining our Double D challenge!
Diane DD DT

Conniecrafter said...

So fun and too cute, great idea with the Christmas tree die!

Lori Kobular said...

You are so clever! I have that same Christmas tree die and I would have never thought to make it into a cone, but it works really well! In fact, I love it as the cone, and the scoop of ice cream is great too! I have to try thinking outside of the box more with my dies! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Emma Williams said...

What a lovely card and how clever to use that die as a ice cream cone...brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is superb. So pretty and so perfectly done. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Blog Archive