Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Cherish Each Day

Hello and welcome to my blog! I want to show you a tag I made with a fun technique using Micro Glaze. Micro Glaze is a waxy cream that you rub over images to resist color. It is so easy to use.




On my tag you can see where I used the Micro Glaze -- over the saying and clock. I wanted these to be the focal point of my tag. I then used Distress inks and painted them on my tag using my water brush. The Micro Glaze on the clock and saying resisted the watercolor.  I stamped the bird and also used water over it to give a watercolor look.





I used a feather Spellbinders die and cut using kraft card stock. I splattered some watercolors over the piece and layered it on the tag so that the colors could show through. I added the metal word and butterflies from Tim Holtz's Butterfly Frenzy die.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day!


Challenges entered:

Scrappy Land: Anything Goes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely tag! 💕

Conniecrafter said...

so cool, neat technique and I love that the sentiment is inside the feather cut out!!

Lori Kobular said...

LOVE your adorable tag! The sentiment is perfect for the scene your created! I also love who you put the Cherish Each Day sentiment inside the feather! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Blog Archive