Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cheery and Bright

Hi Everyone! I hope you have most of your cards and shopping finished! I know it must be a mad house out there today. I am staying in where it is warm and cozy. Our weather here turned cold and rainy today. I want to share a Christmas card I made. I still might need several more before it is all said and done!

I am a true layer person when it comes to cards and it is hard for me to keep everything flat for mailing, but I am trying! The reindeer is popped up though, but should be able to be mailed okay.

I stamped the reindeer using brown ink. I then colored over it with my Versa Marker and added Brown Fizz embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle. All the other dies were cut from white glitter card stock. I used an embossing folder on the brown piece and inked the raised areas with Versa mark ink to enhance the design.







Here is a closer look where you can see more of the sparkle on the white glitter card stock.




Dies Used:

Create A Flake Five -- Spellbinders
Fancy Tags -- Spellbinders
Debutante Frame Base -- Die-Versions
Orchard Tree Frame -- Die-Versions


Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!


Challenges entered:

Scrappy Land:  Holidays
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Winter Inspiration




8 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Oh love your flying deer! Beautiful background and love the sweet design! Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes!

Lori Kobular said...

Love the striped background and your deer looks amazing! Thanks for joining in with us at the Scrapy Land Challenge #8!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cool effect - love the brown deer jumping over the striped background!

scrappymo! said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Merry Christmas, April.

Donna Ellis said...

Great use of using the PP, April! who would have thought of using the stripes to give a better feel of a cold forest? YOU, of course! LOL great card in every way. Like you, I have trouble keeping things flat, too, but I'm learning! You did a wonderful job here!

now my other hat: Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card April, so very pretty, I love the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge & Happy Christmas!
hugs
Mandy xx

Joanna said...

lovely card!!! I love all the sparkling elements they looks like frost :)

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card April! Love the brown glittery deer. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too!

Blog Archive