Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 29, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- No Iron Batik

It is Technique Tuesday once again at Sparkle N Sprinkle! I hope you are having a good day.  One of our designers, Marie, laughed at me when I saw that this technique did not involve any ironing! Well, if  I can remove any step from a technique to do it faster, the better for me! LOL! Marie and I had so much fun working with this that I want to share it with you today!


Supplies needed:
  1. white coffee filter
  2. Versa Mark ink pad
  3. clear embossing powder
  4. dye ink sprays or stains
  5. paper towel
  6. background stamp or single stamp
  7. heat gun
First,  stamp your background or stamp all over the coffee filter using Versa Mark ink. You will not be able to see where you are stamping, but if you overlap some it will not matter since you are making a background. At the end you will see I overlapped some on this background.


Now pour clear embossing powder over the coffee filter and shake off the powder.


Heat the embossing powder and you will be able to see through the embossed areas when you have finished. There is no need to iron like you do with other batiks! YEAH! LOL! As you can see, I overlapped some of the stamping, but it looks fine on the finished card.


Now spray on your colors or use stains over the coffee filter. Blot off color on the embossed areas with a paper towel. I used sprays on this background, but stains work very well also and are not as messy!


This is so easy and a lot of fun. Marie and I made a bunch of backgrounds with this technique. I hope you will give it a try! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

APRIL

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Bee Hummingbird 3578-451B
  2. Heart With Wings 3579-451B
  3. Brocade Background 3125-398R
  4. Waterscape glitter G1108
  5. Versa Mark ink pad 99702

2 comments:

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous background! Another fabulous idea.

Donna Ellis said...

Oh MY! This is beau-tee-ous! I have to see how you did it! LOL Thank you, April!

Blog Archive