Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, April 23, 2012

Technique Tuesday -- Reverse Stamping



Welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Technique Tuesday once again!  The technique I am showing  is called reverse stamping. There are several ways to do this, but I am showing you one way today. This method works especially well if you want a reflection in water or a mirror.


Supplies:
  1. Brilliance pink ink
  2. acetate
  3. aqua and darker blue alcohol inks
  4. ink applicator
  5. blending solution or 91% alcohol
  6. glue pen
  7. Waterscape glitter
Instructions:
Stamp your image near the bottom of your card using pink ink.  Now stamp your image on the piece of acetate using the pink ink. You need to use Brilliance or some other permanent ink.


Very important -- turn over the acetate, then drop a few drops of the aqua and darker blue alcohol inks on your applicator and spritz it with blending solution.  Pounce applicator over the piece of acetate. Use less of the darker ink. You want to be able to see your image well enough, so don't overdo the dark blue.


Turn the acetate over to the other side and use a glue pen to make some ripples and add glitter. Let dry.


Cut a puddle shape and adhere the "puddle" under the stamped image on the card. Now you have a reflection of the image! I find that using a tape runner to adhere the acetate is less noticeable.



I hope you enjoyed this technique today.  Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

April

Sparkle N Sprinkle supplies used:
  1. Swirl Water Can
  2. Waterscape glitter
  3. Sakura glue pen
  4. Swirl butterfly small
  5. Beautiful day

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the reflection effect....

Brenda said...

LOVE how you did the "puddle of water" - great job and lovely soft colors.

Donna Ellis said...

I have really enjoyed the technique, April. The T&T section already shows this week's artful exhibit. Thank you!

Blog Archive