Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wax Paper Resist


I love trying techniques, so today I was working with wax paper.  I love how this technique turned out! I have never done this before, even though it is an oldie, and I don't know why! Here is what you do. Crumple up a piece of wax paper and open it up. Take 2 pieces of glossy card stock and sandwich the wax paper between the 2 pieces of glossy cs with the glossy side of each piece against the wax paper. Iron the sandwich on medium for about 10 seconds. The wax is now transferred to the card stock and will resist any ink that you brayer or rub on. For the star burst effect, I cut out a circle from the wax paper and kept folding it in half until it was very small. I then opened it out and ironed it between the 2 pieces of card stock. For the grid look, I folded the wax paper over and over, then I folded it the opposite way, then diagonally and diagonally the other way. I am sure there are other ways to make fun designs. Just give it a try! I brayered each one of my pieces using Big and Juicy ink pads. Here are samples of my pieces and then a card I made with one of them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This looks fabulous, April! It's so interesting to see the original with the completed project too!
(I do apologize for my absence. I've had a great deal on my plate this summer and am far behind in my blog visits.)

Blog Archive