Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Magnolia


Today I am entering this card into two challenges -- Just Magnolia, Paper Piecing and Magnolia Stamp Lovers, Buttons. I love Magnolia stamps and this is the first time I have used this one. . I paper pieced the bandanna, pinafore and socks. The frame is a Martha Stewart corner and border punch. I used a sizzix die and ran it through my cuttlebug paisley folder for texture. I just have to tell you about the ribbon. I really love the ribbon. Yesterday two of my stamping friends and I got together and died a bunch of white seam binding! I just love how they turned out. My friends were teasing me because I got heavy-handed with my colors when I wanted a lighter look. Today I will try to see if I can get some lighter colors, although on this ribbon I did much better. Here is my card and the links to the challenges. The second picture is of all the ribbon we dyed! It looks so pretty all bunched together.  http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/   and   http://magnoliastamplovers.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, April! Cute card! And what a fun pile of dyed ribbon! Terrific idea! :-)

Jane said...

This is so pretty and your seam binding looks gorgeous! fabulous colours! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane x

Meg Farris said...

Beautiful! Love how you did the die cut!

Kate said...

What an adorable card! April - I LOVE your coloured ribbon. I think the darker colours are fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing how you use it all!

Shirley said...

She is adorable and what a great bunch of ribbon!!

Blog Archive