Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mother of Pearl

I saw this technique about a week ago and I have just now been able to try it. I enjoyed making this background and it is very easy. Here are the supplies you will need.

glossy card stock
Saran wrap or bubble wrap
light colored pearl paint
light colored ink pad
brayer
pallet for paint



Take your pallet and squeeze some paint on it. I used a light gold color. Squish up your saran wrap or bubble wrap, dip it in the paint and pounce lightly all over the glossy card stock. Let the paint dry. Take a light color ink pad, I used a soft lavender, ( light pink or blue is good too ) and brayered over the glossy card stock. You will have an elegant, shimmery background. The first picture shows the background by itself and the second is the card I made with it.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I did this a long time ago and had forgotten it completely! What a beautiful card too! I love your flower! What stamp did you use April? A really gorgeous card!

April said...

This is an Anna Griffin stamp. I have never used it until now!

Lisa Lara said...

This is beautiful April. I am glad you could join us for this month's blog hop. Good Luck.

Kate said...

What a super technique! Your card is stunning!

Blog Archive